Oregon Child Development Coalition (OCDC) is dedicated to improving the lives of children and families by providing early childhood education, care and advocacy with unique and supportive services to enhance family growth and community success.
Our Vision and Values
We believe that every single child should be cared for, educated and loved. We prepare young children for success in school, which prepares them for success in life. We also support parents to help families learn and grow together, and we help families engage with their community.
The Oregon Child Development Coalition believes that every child, family, community partner and employee that we interact with deserves:
- Mutual Success
- Service Excellence
- Open and Honest Communication
- Cultural and Linguistic Inclusiveness
What We Do
- We prepare children for school by focusing on early childhood care, education and teacher development.
- We promote economic opportunities for families and communities by providing services that support the workforce and, in turn, state and local economies.
- We partner with the community by collaborating with dentists, doctors, educators, health care providers, emergency food care providers, school districts, employers and state and local service providers and key stakeholders.
- We practice inclusiveness by welcoming all cultures and languages and enhance their contribution to society by creating better learners and better citizens.
OCDC provides Early Childhood Care and Education services to children, pregnant women and families. We connect families to programs, services and opportunities in the community. We drive children to school, teach kids to read and write, and visit families in their homes. We provide well-paying living wage jobs in communities throughout Oregon and embrace cultural diversity and practice inclusiveness.
Well-being Mission Statement
At OCDC, we strive for a culture of well-being for all OCDC employees, partners, families and children. Equitable, inclusive, sustainable, and holistic well-being approaches are the foundation of our program. Empowering people and emphasizing well-being influences our agency’s priorities, policies and procedures to ensure the achievement of the agency’s mission. Through a trauma informed lens, we actively engage in reflective and responsive well-being practices, we demonstrate our shared values, establish and maintain trusting relationships, provide meaningful recognition and emotional support, ensure purposeful work, and promote work-life balance.